Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Finally a Rhinebeck recap!

I'm one to always have my camera with me. How the heck could I forget it when I went to Rhinebeck??? Needless to say, I'm annoyed. I have to use Erin's and Elizabeth's pictures. Ugh.

I wish I could get a llama. Or an alpaca. If I had my camera I would have taken pics of some alpacas. This is me with my new friend.

Holy Awesome Fries! Elizabeth and I ordered a "Jumbo" fry. They served it to us in only what looked to be a cardboard DOG bowl. Boy were they delicious! Not to mention the place is called "Tish's Amazing Fry Factory". Who is named "Tish" other than MY mother??? I didn't think it was a real name because it's mom's nick name.... Actually, I just noticed I'm in the pic on the right. I never knew Elizabeth took this with me in it! ATLEAST LET ME POSE!!

After a long day's work, here we are, goodies in hand!


Surprisingly I bought the most stuff out of all of us. It's odd to me because I don't know how to spin, yet I only bought fiber! Do I have fiber fever???


Here I have 2 skeins, 2oz. each, of Merino Tencel. Color? "Fire".
This is from The Sheep Shed in New Hampshire.
See the shimmer? I can't believe how soft this stuff is.


1 Pound of Superwash Merino, White with rainbow colored specs. Shall I try dying it??
This is from Misty Mountain Farm in Virginia.


1/2 Pound of Merino, color unspecified but its blues and purples.
This is from The Sheep Shed in New Hampshire.


This is a 1/2 pound, contents and color unknown. Honestly, not really sure where its from either! It feels like a wool blend, and the colors are to die for!


There. That's my recap. That's all you get.

Atleast being home sick I can catch up on some blogging!


3 comments:

Erin said...

It sounds awful to be sick for so long. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

Your fiber looks drool-worthy!

Liz said...

Hey, Bean, I think you forgot to close a tag somewhere in there... all the text on your site is underlined like a link.

And I don't think I realized you were in front of me when I took that picture. Sorry - I was mesmerized by the nachos and fried dough.

And yeah, you are a fiber nerd. :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed our visit, only sorry we couldn't spend more time. Hope you're feeling better and had a good weekend (even though you were in school). Stay in touch...Love Jennie