Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I wanted to take time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I think everyone should take the time once in a while and really think about what they are thankful for. Not just the materialistic shit, but what really means the world to you.

Genuine Things I am Thankful For:
1. Mr.Bean, who I have been with for over 4 years now and love so much.
2. My parents, for giving me all the childhood experiences I needed.
3. My true friends, for being so wonderful eventhough I may not keep in touch as well as I should.
4. My overall general health.
5. Nursing School. I have learned so much from school to take with me for the rest of my life. I've had some really wonderful experiences with some awesome classmates.
6. Mrs. Needham (professor at school). She has taught me a lot about finding myself and figuring out what I really want to do with my life. She has been nothing but supportive in my school endeavors and re-entrance into school this year.
7. Traveling. I don't know what I would do without knowing I was free to travel wherever I want. I'm so thankful I've been to China twice, France, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Canada.
8. Freedom to quit my job if I want to.
9. Good opportunities, which come along once in a while.
10. Being a woman and knowing I can do whatever the hell I want. :)

Shallow Things I am Thankful For:
1. Peanut Butter! Peter Pan Plus, Creamy. MMMmmm.
2. Yarn, oh so lovely yarn.
3. My new laptop.
4. Fabric! I can't resist a good piece of fabric.
5. Coupons for craft stores.
6. My blog! I love having a place to vent or just get my ideas/thoughts out there.
7. My bathrobe, for it lets me do nothing if that's what I want to do.
8. Sparkley stuff because it's so pretty.
9. Leopard print faux fur slippers, size 9, which I need a new pair of desperately!
10. My sewing machine, which hopefully will make me some money one day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like the yarn bit. I'm thankful for that too!