Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A little bitter... A little skinnier... A little greener

Yeah, so, I'm a little bitter. WHY THE F*** IS IT SO MUGGY OUT?!!?!? I can't take it. I feel my skin starting to crawl. UGH. I can't wait to go to work tonight just to get out of this heat! I definately can't live in NY forever. I've made my mind up. I want to try other places. I really feel that Seattle will be my next move. Maybe next year, maybe the year after. I don't know. I was looking at their average temps out there, and it's much better than here. I'd rather be cold than hot. Although I do like tanning, there are always booths for that :)

Plane tickets for Alaska were bought this week! Horray! I'm leaving July 17th and coming home July 27th. I'm hoping Fun_with_cheese will let me use his fancy 2000 cubic inch backpack he just got for his Czech Republic trip. I was thinking of making a stop in seattle on the way there so I can visit, but there's not enough time. I'd rather go with someone, and spend atleast a week or so. Maybe I'll go in October to break up my semester so I don't go stir crazy :)

Look what came in the mail!!!



10 balls of Rowan Polar is color Jaffa. It's such a soft yarn!


10 skeins of Rowanspun 4-ply in Turkish.


and 10 skeins of Rowanspun dk in Drizzle.


I'm in heaven :)

On another good note, I'm now down 19 pounds. Woot!

This month was Project Spectrum's GREEN month. I figured that I would be my own inspiration. This is my new awesome shirt from old navy. What a nice lime green :)

3 comments:

James said...

It's 5000 cubic inches. And you are welcome to it as long as it isn't in use. You can borrow whatever else you need that I have.

Erin said...

I hear ya with this muggy heat. It makes me feel gross! Good luck on your trip! Wish you were coming to CO, but that's ok! I'll see you when I get back!!!

Congrats on the lost weight! You're doing so well!

LisaB said...

Nice Turkish...looks familiar! :)

Congrats on the weight loss! My husband and I are currently exercising and trying to lose weight. It is hard!

Ooh and you should try to visit Seattle. I love driving up there for the shopping. And you can't beat weather in the Northwest. Some people say it is too rainy, but I love it!