Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese lesson






In honor of The Chinese New Year, I bring you a mini Chinese lesson.





Chinese (Cantonese)

Gung hay fat choy (a New Year greeting meaning, "May you become prosperous.")
Sun nien fai lok (meaning, "Happy new year")

Chinese (Mandarin)
Xin nian yu kuai


One of these years I will attend the celebration in New York City. Actually, I'd love to spend it in China but NYC is cheaper for me right now.

I really miss China... Maybe I should do an internship in Hong Kong when I get out of school? Even if it's only for a month or 2, I would LOVE it. Either way, I really want to go back. One of these days I will post some pictures of my past trips, one of them with Skein Street.

Gung hay fat choy! (that's my favorite one.)

Bean

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy New Year to you! I can't wait to see some of the pictures you post from our trip!